Hello,

Our college is embarking on some new fully online certificate programs and we would like to incorporate an internship as part of this program.  Does anyone have any best practices to share in how to roll this out effectively?  For students who are not local, do they find their own placements?  If anyone has procedures or templates on tracking the internship, please share:).  Thank you!

Amy Valente, CCC

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amy: I have asked a friend - Jen Maddrel - to respond - I think she may have information on service learning that may be helpful to you.

Though not exactly what you are asking, I thought i would share with you that SLN has an internship program in collaboration with the education department at Ualbany. Here is some info: http://wiki.sln.suny.edu/display/SLNED/SLN+Internship+Program

We will have our first non local intern this fall. Have not yet developed procedures or templates for tracking. Hope to use this case as a pilot to figure it out.

alex

Thanks Alex.  I will take a look at the link you provided.  Our college does offer internships through our campus now, but we help the students find a local placements.  What I'm trying to figure out is when a student is taking an internship online, how will this work if they are not local?  Do they need to find their own placement? Thanks!

Amy

Alexandra M. Pickett said:

Hi Amy: I have asked a friend - Jen Maddrel - to respond - I think she may have information on service learning that may be helpful to you.

Though not exactly what you are asking, I thought i would share with you that SLN has an internship program in collaboration with the education department at Ualbany. Here is some info: http://wiki.sln.suny.edu/display/SLNED/SLN+Internship+Program

We will have our first non local intern this fall. Have not yet developed procedures or templates for tracking. Hope to use this case as a pilot to figure it out.

alex

Hi Amy, were you able to find or develop procedures for this? I am looking to obtain a remote intern from an instructional design program and am looking for a model to work with.

let me clarify, that my office is looking for a remote intern, to help with our instructional design needs.

Hi Ian,

We currently offer an internship course, but up until this point, all of our interns have been placed in local internships.  With the implementation of our new event management program, we are now offering remote placements.  Where are you located?  Can you send me a job description of what you are looking for and whether the internship is paid/unpaid (for credit)?  I can pass along to our Experiential Learning coordinator to post also.   Thanks!

Amy

Hi Amy,

I am only reaching out to SUNY Albany right now. I graduated from their education program and did a remote internship while there. So I will be asking them for a student intern this semester. Let me test it out first before I send it to more programs. Thank you for offering to help. :)

I am located in the Bronx. And I was looking to have a unpaid, for credit internship, working in our department of online learning.

RSS

Subscribe

Subscribe in a reader.

Follow us on twitter.

Notes

new member guide

Created by Alexandra M. Pickett Aug 19, 2010 at 11:52am. Last updated by Alexandra M. Pickett May 20.

Photos

• Add Photos

Use hashtags #SUNYOnlineTeaching, #lrnchat , or #onlinelearning in your tweets to appear here!

Tweets about "#SUNYOnlineTeaching OR #lrnchat OR #onlinelearning"

© 2020   Created by Alexandra M. Pickett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service