We are rolling out an online physics course and we would like to have the students use screen casting to complete equations while narrating their thinking as they solve the equation.

Has anyone experimented with students using screencasting software?

I am curious as to what software the community would recommend and then how would the student share the video with the class (post to a discussion, share in google docs, post to youtube, etc.. 

Thank you

Ian

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know i like Screencast-o-matic !!

One of the faculty member's that I worked with at a previous institution has her students do screencasts of narrated PowerPoints in one of her online classes. She has done this for a number of years, and she told me it has been successful. Here are her directions (shared with her permission.)

Program Review

• Students will be assigned an early childhood program in the text to review. Your program assignment is located under Program Review Topics. You will create a detailed review of the material in a presentation format. Some presentation format options are listed below.
  • Once you have completed the presentation, you will create a narrated screencast of the presentation. Software options to complete the screencast are listed below.
  • You will post your narrated screencast to the Discussion Board, creating a new thread, and titling it with your assigned program name and your full name. 
  • Class members will be expected to view each program presentation and make comments on the Discussion Board. You must comment on each presentation.
  • Review the grading rubric for quality standards 

Note: Slides should have light backgrounds and should not contain crowded text.

Presentation options:

Screencast options:

Resources:

Attachments:

Excellent resource, Andrea! 

RSS

Subscribe

Subscribe in a reader.

Follow us on twitter.

Notes

new member guide

Created by Alexandra M. Pickett Aug 19, 2010 at 11:52am. Last updated by Alexandra M. Pickett May 20.

Photos

• Add Photos

Use hashtags #SUNYOnlineTeaching, #lrnchat , or #onlinelearning in your tweets to appear here!

Tweets about "#SUNYOnlineTeaching OR #lrnchat OR #onlinelearning"

© 2020   Created by Alexandra M. Pickett.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service