My research is situated in the intersection between the fields of mathematics education and instructional technology where my primary interest is in the development of mathematical thinking in fully asynchronous online (FAO) instructional contexts. I am largely interested in studying FAO pedagogy and interactivity, and I am currently working in the following areas:
- Mathematics assessment and feedback practices in the FAO instructional context
- The use of e-lecturing (aka “lecture capture”)
- The role of wait time in FAO assessment discourse and computer-aided assessment interactivity
- The role of the academic discipline (e.g. epistemology, ontology) in relation to FAO course and e-lecture pedagogy
- Student academic dishonesty in fully online courses
online teaching, online learning, effective practices, research
I will look forward to learning from you as you share what you know here : ) I hope you will add a photo or avatar to your profile when you can and introduce yourself in the Welcome - who are you? forum so we can get to know you a little better. I would love it if you would share more about your experiences and interests. Maybe also a little about what you are looking for in this community, or anything else you want us to know.